As executive editor, Jan Stafford plans and oversees strategy and operations for TechTarget's Application Development Editorial Team. She works closely with the editorial team to keep the group's sites focused on the information needs of software developers, testers, project and QA managers and others in the software development community.
Jan has covered the computer industry for more than 20 years, writing about everything from personal computers to operating systems to server virtualization to application development. She has served in top editorial positions with several national trade publications, as a contributor to such publications as PC Week Inside and Investor's Business Daily, and as a speaker at industry conferences.
She came to TechTarget from VARBusiness. At TechTarget., Jan has launched and served as site editor for various sites and blogs, including SearchServerVirtualization.com, SearchVMware.com, SearchEnterpriseLinux.com, SearchWindowsManageability.com, Virtualization Pro, EnterpriseLinuxLog and others. She has also been the editorial director for the Data Center Media Group.
Contributions from Jan Stafford
- Boost mobile app performance without boosting mobile networks
- Scaling Agile development calls for well-defined practices
- Mixing Agile and continuous delivery for development
- Avoiding too many user stories in software development
- Adapting QA, test to meet mobile app performance demand
- Use automated tests and cloud QA for better mobile apps
- Improving development teams with agility
- Agile 2013: Automated analytics in Agile development
- From Agile development project leader to an IT sideline
- Structured collaboration key to Agile process
- FAQ: Agile management and leadership
- Upper management misconceptions foster Agile failures
- Agile tools and tactics ace in iPad app projects
- Creating an effective Agile cross-functional team
- Agile leadership: Start supporting leaders
- Defect management tool speeds security fixes
- Agile method still confuses software professionals
- Software defects increase cost of Agile projects
- Using DevOps approaches for pre-release and production
- Software performance: Mobile, cloud computing need APM