This page is part of a Security School lesson, featuring a selection of expert technical content on this topic. Explore more in this school:
5. - About the expert: Read more in this section
- Kevin Beaver
Explore other sections in this guide:
Kevin Beaver is an information security consultant, expert witness, and professional speaker with Atlanta-based Principle Logic, LLC. With over 24 years of experience in the industry, Kevin specializes in performing independent network and application security assessments in the name of minimizing business risks. He has authored/co-authored 11 books on information security including the brand-new Hacking For Dummies, 4th edition and The Practical Guide to HIPAA Privacy and Security Compliance. In addition, he's the creator of the Security On Wheels information security audio books and blog providing security learning for IT professionals on the go.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Kevin Beaver
- Third-party application security is vulnerable to flaws
- Why IT auditors and Web developers have disconnected goals
- Get management on board with securing software vulnerabilities
- Mobile access management: New platform, same problems
- Expert advice on cloud application security issues
- Network security threats are not to be ignored
- Look out for these mobile application security threats
- Hybrid security: Beyond pen testing, static analysis
- Mobile app software: Avoid the cycle of insecurity
- Security lesson: Beating web application threats
- Security lesson: How to test for common security faults
- Common software security oversights school
- Hacking For Dummies: Hacking Methodologies, Chapter 4
- Can security testing only happen in the production environment?
- The secrets to getting started in your software testing
- Building solid security requirements
- Where can I find software security test plan templates?
- How to gather security requirements for software projects and what to look for
- Why current application security measures fail and what
- Are there security concerns when porting from IIS to Apache?