Peter Walen has been in software development for over 25 years. After working many years as a programmer, he moved to software testing and QA. Following a brief foray in Project Management and Business Analysis, he returned to software testing. He has worked in the fields of Insurance and Finance, Manufacturing, Higher Education/Universities, Retail, Distribution and Point Of Sale Systems. Peter is an active member of several testing associations and an active blogger on software testing
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Peter Walen
- Mobile testing: Crowd sourcing for enterprise apps?
- BYOD policies pose mobile app testing challenges
- Does outsourced testing work for Agile teams?
- When centralized teams work for Agile enterprises
- Defect tracking: What is the purpose?
- Understanding test data: How managers evaluate data
- Combining TDD with Agile: How teams work together
- How Agile testers can adapt to mixed methodologies
- When to perform post-production testing
- Is manual testing still needed with automated testing?
- What is the link between test cases and requirements?
- The role of software testers in requirements gathering
- Integration testing: What are the challenges?
- The benefits and drawbacks of test automation
- How test managers measure test team effectiveness
- What to look for in test management tools
- Leadership on the Web: Using social networking
- How software testers can learn through social media
- Collaborative tools for software testers
- Application testing for social media