During a software project, there will always be more features to test than time you have to test them. So, how do you determine how much testing you'll do and how much risk is involved in setting limits?
In this podcast, software testing and quality assurance (QA) expert Michael Kelly describes common mistakes made in assessing the risk and scope of testing. He also delves into the attributes of must-test features and business and legal issues that must be considered.
Other topics covered include:
- Typical features that pose technical challenges
- How software testers should interpret contractual requirements
- How to gather information when researching testing requirements
Got two more minutes? Read Mike Kelly's two-minute guides to determining software testing coverage. He also blogs about software testing on Software Quality Insights.
You must have Adobe Flash Player 7 or above to view this content.See http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer to download now.
Download for later:
Software Testing: Accessing risk and scope
• Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
• Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As