In this podcast, software security expert Jack Danahy -- chief technology officer and founder of Waltham, Mass.-based Ounce Labs Inc. -- describes when and when not to outsource application development and why. You'll learn what types of controls should be defined up front in outsourcing contracts, as well as what to watch for during the development process.
Other topics covered include:
- How to ensure that secure coding best practices have been followed and that applications have adequate levels of security built into them.
- How businesses can enforce those controls and hold outsourcers accountable for the security of their applications.
You must have Adobe Flash Player 7 or above to view this content.See http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer to download now.
Download for later:
Software security: Removing insecurity from outsourced development
• Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
• Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
More on software security:
- Common software security risks and oversights
- Cloud computing and application security: Issues and risks
This was first published in March 2009