As a registered member of SearchSoftwareQuality.com, you're entitled to a complimentary copy of Chapter 10 of Professional Java Development with the Spring Framework written by Rod Johnson, Juergen Hoeller, Alef Arendsen, Thomas Risberg and Colin Sampaleanu and published by John Wiley & Sons.
This chapter, "Acegi Security System for Spring," explores the major options available for security Spring-based applications and examines the recommended security framework, Acegi Security System for Spring.
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
The Spring Framework is a major open-source application development framework that makes Java/J2EE development easier and more productive. This book shows you not only what Spring can do but why, explaining its functionality and motivation to help you use all parts of the framework to develop successful applications.
You will be guided through all the Spring features and see how they form a coherent whole. In turn, this will help you understand the rationale for Spring's approach, when to use Spring, and how to follow best practices. All this is illustrated with a complete sample application. When you finish the book, you will be well equipped to use Spring effectively in everything from simple Web applications to complex enterprise applications.
What you will learn from this book:
- The core Inversion of Control container and the concept of Dependency Injection
- Spring's Aspect Oriented Programming (AOP) framework and why AOP is important in J2EE development
- How to use Spring's programmatic and declarative transaction management services effectively
- Ways to access data using Spring's JDBC functionality, iBATIS SQL Maps, Hibernate, and other O/R mapping frameworks
- Spring services for accessing and implementing EJBs
- Spring's remoting framework
>> Buy the book