Apache JMeter is an open source, Java-based, load testing tool that can be used to analyze the functional behavior of a system and measure the performance of a system under a load test. A load test will simulate end-user behavior that approach the limits of an application’s specifications. Apache JMeter can be used to simulate varying or heavy loads on singular or multiple servers, networks or objects to test a system’s strength.
Uses for JMeter
In addition to load testing, Apache JMeter can also be used to perform performance, spike
Benefits of JMeter
Benefits of using Apache JMeter include:
- Open source code base.
- Support for browser plug-ins.
- Support for offline analysis of test results.
- Displays test results in a variety of ways, including charts, trees, tables or log files.
- User-friendly graphical user interface (GUI).
- Support for multiple types of tests and basic protocols.